ISSI International Team
3D Reconstruction Techniques for the Stereo Mission
The twin satellites of the Stereo mission, to be launched mid-2006, will
allow us to view the three-dimensional (3D) heliosphere for the first time and with an unprecedented combination of imaging and in situ experiments. Stereo will face the community with new problems that require 3D reconstruction tools.
Many visualisation and analysis techniques have been developed for Stereo or are under development. They are listed on the Secchi 3D reconstruction web page. Yet there remains an important need for closer interaction between all these different initiatives, finding for examples ways how different approaches can be combined to improve the reconstruction. This has motivated the creation of a small team that would seek a better coordination among european contributions to Stereo while keeping a strong connection with the rest of the community.
This team will deliver a web-based interface with :
The web interface will be made available during the Stereo-Secchi meeting that is planned to take place in Orsay a few months after the launch of Stereo.
- a collection of articles, books, images and benchmark data ses that are relevant to the 3D reconstruction of solar data. Although the focus will be on solar images from SECCHI, other instruments such as SWAVES will also be included. We believe that such a content management system (CMS) is important easing the access to the wealth of existing techniques on stereoscopy, most of us are unfamiliar with.
- a series of review articles, available electronically on the same web site. These articles will cover most of the different techniques for 3D reconstruction in a user-oriented approach, showing the merits and the pitfalls of each technique.
The members of our ISSI team are
||IAS, Orsay, France
|Thierry Dudok de Wit (lead)
||LPCE, Orléans, France
||ROB, Brussels, Belgium
||MPS, Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany
||LAS, Marseille, France
||Naval Research Laboratory, Washington DC, USA
||LMSAL, Palo Alto, USA
• The Stereo project (JHUAPL, Laurel)
• 3D reconstruction for SECCHI (NRL, Washington)
• The Stereo mission home page (GSFC, Goddard)
• The Stereo SECCHI instruments (NRL, Washington)
• The Stereo SWAVES instruments (GSFC, Goddard)
• The Stereo IMPACT instruments (SSL, Berkeley)
• Team secure ftp site (password protected) sftp://Stereo@ftp.issi.unibe.ch
Last Update: December 12, 2006 (T. Dudok de Wit)