ISSI Visiting Scientists Programme
The expected scientific gains of the present proposal will consist of:
• incorporating the developed techniques into robust, user-friendly, codes, to be made available to the community through the Solar SoftWare tree;
• analysing a comprehensive set of solar flare events using these new techniques and tools, and thereby determine both “typical” and “extreme” properties of solar flares;
• exploring the (rather subtle) effects of adding bound-free emission to the previously assumed free-free continuum;
• exploring the development of a “bivariate” analysis, aimed at determining both the energy and angular distributions of the accelerated electrons solely from “one-dimensional” spectral observations.
These gains will be expressed in the form of:
• publication of papers in international refereed journals in the domains of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics;
• presentation of the results obtained during international conferences in these multidisciplinary fields;
• final report emphasizing the main accomplishments of the team;
• maintenance of our team web page with an up-to-date description of the team activities and meetings.
Site created and updated by Marco Prato
Comments and suggestions to: marco.prato (at) unimore.it