ISSI Team led by Alexei Pevtsov (USA)
Brief project summary
- Goal: (to develop methods and) to study the evolution of magnetic activity over several past solar cycles.
- Step 1: Creation of pseudo-magnetograms using historical observations.
- Step 2: Derive polar and weak field
- Step 3: Applying the resulting data to modeling past solar activity
- Non-uniformity of historical datasets
- What is the relation between K-line and magnetic flux?
- Evaluate parameter space for SFT models
- Applying the resulting data to modeling various aspects of solar activity
- True partnership:
- Publication of related results (all-inclusive co-authorship?)
- Share all data that resulted from team’s activity with all team members
- Make data public upon completion of project
- Acknowledgement (include ISSI)