Thermonuclear Bursts: Probing Neutron Stars and their Accretion Environments
The team is involved in a number of projects related to Type I X-ray bursts, with a focus on burst oscillations and photospheric radius expansion.
- State of the art burst modelling
- Developing models of expanded atmospheres and winds
- Interaction of radius expansion X-ray bursts with the surrounding accretion flow
- Calculations of burst spectra and constraining neutron star masses and radii
- The physics of flame spreading and models of burst oscillations
- Observational studies of photospheric radius expansion bursts